Monday 3 November 2008

Post #1

Welcome to my Tietzes blog,

So first a little about me, I'm 18 and from England, I work in film and tv, I love theatre, film, comedy, photography and travelling. I'm not particularly athletic, I play guitar and I sing. I drive, don't smoke, drink a little and have never taken drugs (other than prescribed, of which i've taken rather a lot). I've had Tietzes Syndrome since March 2007, and it's a right pain! ( sorry for the bad joke)

I'm doing this blog because I'm fed up with not being able to find info about Tietzes and Costochondritis on the internet, and I really, really hope I can help others who are suffering!

I'm going to try to post as much as possible as often as possible and I'd love to hear people's thoughts/ experiences/ questions. Please feel free to link to me anywhere you want. I hope this blog is informative, helpful and entertaining!

Charlie :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, hope u are still checking this. Has been about 4 weeks for my husband now. Swelling goes up and down. Has been on pain meds, taking fish oil, can't find any other info on what to do. He tried to go to work yesterday and is laying in bed swelled and in pain. This is an awful stressful experience.
    How are you now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been going through the same thing. out of work for 9 months, can't lift more the 5 pounds weight without pain. i've seen a rheumotologist, but nothing helpful. contemplating a cortizone shot but dredding the needle in the ribs! lots of rest? get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evan, I had a massive needle phobia before all this happened (now im not so bad but still get a bit scared!) so i was scared about getting the needle in the chest too, but if you keep your eye's closed and have someone there who's hand you can squeeze its ok! You should try it because the injections do work for osme people!

    ReplyDelete

Would really like to hear your thoughts on the blog, or if you have any ideas/ comments it would all be greatly appreciated!